Kopar Administration prides itself on its people. We have a diverse and dynamic Team that is the very core of the Company and allows us to provide an extraordinary service for each of our programs. Although we do tend to accept resumes (with cover letters) on a regular basis, on this page you will find our open job opportunities when we are directly looking for new employees. Please make sure you read the job opening description and follow the directions on how to apply. Each opportunity may have different instructions depending on the position that is open. However, if you think you have what it takes to work with our Team, please feel free to apply even if there are no openings.
Employment Coach (Prince George)
Start Date: As soon as possible
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Language: Bilingual (English and French)
Education: Bachelor's Degree
1511 3rd Ave
Prince George, British Columbia
V2L 3G3 Canada
Kopar Administration is seeking energetic, experienced, process driven Employment Coaches to work with our dynamic service delivery team at the WorkBC Employment Services Centre and the Kopar head office in Prince George.
The successful applicants will provide case management services to unemployed clients looking at getting back to work quickly. Applicants will be experienced with employment related goal setting, case management, data entry and electronic record keeping. Our employment coaches are responsible for assessing clients and providing them with case management services and assisting them in developing the skills required to undertake an independent job search towards realistic and achievable employment.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Administering needs assessment, Identifying client tier, Developing collaborative Action Plans with clients, Electronically documenting all interactions with clients, and Input billing for services utilizing the Ministry provided ICM (Integrated Case Management System)
- Job search facilitation in a workshop setting Develop curriculum for employment focused, employability skills and life skills workshops Conduct formal needs assessments with clients using various assessment tools Support clients in accessing services and job search activities
- Determine client need for and administer financial supports and other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Applicants should have a thorough knowledge of theoretical counseling and career development methodologies, be familiar with the Canadian Standards and Guidelines for Career Practitioners, and have in depth knowledge of local employment initiatives.
- Experience utilizing ACEC is an asset.
- Must also pass a criminal record check.
- Applicants must demonstrate an excellent level of written and verbal communication skills, organization skills, data entry skills and demonstrate accuracy and attention to details.
- We will have a preference for candidates who are proficient in more than one language as well as experience with Income Assistance policies and procedures.
Preference will be given to those applicants who are able to operate in both of Canada's official languages.
Successful applicants will have a diploma or BA in a related field plus 1 year of Employment/Career Counseling experience OR a Career Development Practitioner Certificate plus 3 years’ experience working with the unemployed. A similar combination of knowledge and experience will be considered. Kopar is filling multiple positions from this ad and only those interviewed will be advised of the results.
This is an open job order with no set hiring date. We are always accepting resumes as we are always looking for the right candidate to join our Team.
Only those applicants who are chosen for interviews will be contacted.
Contact: Ken Newell
200 - 1268 5th Ave
Prince George, British Columbia
V2L 3L2, Canada
Posting Closes: Ongoing || Last Updated: Friday March 17, 2017